- Old, unused gift certificates. Ben and I went shopping Saturday and I got all kinds of new stuff for free! Thanks to old gift certificates I had yet to use, I came home with a new skirt, a pair of shoes, a cast iron skillet, bed lifts for our guest bed, and a new micro-plane course grater. Not too shabby, eh?
- New shoes. The very same shoes I got for free on Saturday. Love the color!
- Saving money at the grocery store. Upcoming post for those of you that even care about this topic.
- Nutri-grain Blueberry waffles. In a taste test, you would not be able to tell them apart from regular old blueberry waffles. A great way to start any morning off right!
- Going Green. Go ahead, call me a Tree-hugging Liberal - I don't care. What's so wrong with trying to be a good steward of the Earth God gave us? I am just getting started and have a long way to go, but it feels good to know I am doing my part to help.
- Target reusable shopping bags. Speaking of going green...
They are HUGE, eco-friendly and only $1.50 each (a smaller version is available for $.99). They also fold up nicely, making them easy to store and grab on the go. (I keep mine in my car for easy access.)
- Shi Shoe Store. Maybe I am in the dark, but until about a year ago I had never heard of this store. It just magically appeared in the Galleria. The shoes, bags and accessories are so cute and very modestly priced. Check it out!
- Cottonelle Toilet Paper. I am all about comparing prices and trying to save money. But I refuse to cut corners when it comes to TP. This is my favorite brand! (Is it that obvious that I am trying to come up with 10 favorite things this week and have resorted to sharing my favorite toilet paper with you?)
- Rave Hairspray. I have been using this brand since my 80's bangs (a.k.a. The Waugh Poof).
* I am aware that aerosol hairspray is not good for the environment. Please do not call me a hypocrite.
- Being married! We are coming up on one year in a little less than a week and I still feel like a blushing bride!