Friday, February 8, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

I feel like it is time to post another blog, but I have nothing to write about. Been a pretty uninspiring week. I was sick from Thursday to Tuesday and am still battling some of it. I guess I could write about the details of my illness, but who wants to read about that? I will say that I feel very blessed to have a husband who loves me and takes wonderful care of me when I am not feeling well. He is the best nurse ever! He doesn't even complain that all the congestion is making me snore. He says he is just glad I am getting some sleep. Too good to be true? Sometimes I worry, haha.

While I was sick I picked back up on an old series I was reading this time last year. It is the Southern Sisters Mystery Series by Anne George. Mrs. George is a Birmingham native whose writings are full of wonderful southern quirkiness, loveable characters and lots of laughs. All the books take place in Birmingham so it is fun to see where the characters pop up: The Vulcan? Birmingham Museum of Art? The Piggly Wiggly?

This is not your tyical murder mystery series. I have always been a fan of suspense novels where you can't put down the book because you are dying to know who the killer is. However, with these books I am only curious about the ending. I am more captivated by the dialogue, situations and characters. The main characters are 2 retired sisters who always seem to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But they have fun no matter what happens to them. They make me glad I have a sister and look forward to getting old with her!

If you are looking for a good, light hearted read I would suggest picking up one of Anne George's books. She even has one titled "Murder Boogies with Elvis". It's no wonder I love this series!

And finally...just because I haven't posted a photo in a while and I miss my beautiful sister...

Weren't we cute? And yes, I was rocking out with the 80's bangs!

No comments: