Sunday, July 13, 2008

Attention Aldi Shoppers

Over the past few days I have had numerous questions as to where Aldi (pronounced All-dee) is located, what they carry and what expect when you get there. Here is some information to help you out and cover my behind at the same time...I don't want my friends and readers to go there and leave wondering what kind of place I sent them to. So please keep the following things in mind when planning your trip.
  • Aldi is located on Greensprings Avenue in Homewood. It is across from Publix and next to Mazer's.

  • Aldi's is a very basic kind of store. Please do not think that just because it is in Homewood and across from a Publix that it will be anything like either one of those.
  • It is all generic brand foods.
  • The aisles are stacks of groceries lined up in rows.
  • You have to deposit a quarter to use the buggy (you get it back whe you turn it in).

  • You bag your own groceries with the bags you brought from home.

  • They do sell meat and produce, but the selection is very limited.
  • They only accept cash and debit cards. No checks or credit.
I would recommend stopping by when you are on that side of town, but please don't make your usual Saturday grocery run expecting to get everything on your list. Adli's is best used as a place to pick up a few discount items (Their milk is $1.99/gallon, bread is $.99/loaf.) and save a little cash. And let's be honest, who doesn't like a little extra dinero?

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

I'm going to try this place this week and see how much I can save.