Love that song.
I checked in with my long forgotten friend, Payless, online last week and it welcomed me with some great new shoes at fabulously low prices (all less than $20). I couldn't even wait for the next BOGO sale to snatch them up.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
- Nineteen Minutes. Just finished this book last week. I would say it is a half a star behind my favorite book of all time, My Sister's Keeper, by the same author. Which is saying a lot.
- Twilight. I read pretty much this whole book on Saturday. Can't wait to finish the whole series!
- Consigning Interiors. Here I thought I had found a secret gem on Highway 31 in Pelham, but every time I mention it to someone they already know about it! So this is for all the people who were living under the same rock I was...imagine a flea market for home items only. You can find anything from furniture to architectural pieces to old silver. It is definitely a gem, secret or otherwise.
- Wholly Guacamole. Here I was living the first 26 years of my life thinking the only place to get good guacamole was at a Mexican restaurant. Then I turn around one day in my neighborhood Target to find it right in front of me. Delicious, affordable and organic. The spicy flavor is really good too!
- James Morrison. He is my newest musical obsession. I am constantly playing one of his albums at all times. I had been listening to his newest album 8 hours a day at work, so my husband got me his debut album to break up the monotony. Now it is constantly playing in my car. I can't get enough!
- Design Blogs. The Lettered Cottage is my favorite blog of the moment, but any design blog will do.
- Seaside Colors. I can't wait to decorate my whole house in these soothing and airy colors.
- Mercury Glass. I thought this obsession would be satiated after buying enough Christmas ornaments to do an entire tree this year, but I was wrong. I love this look on candlesticks, frames, bowls...pretty much anything they make it in.
- Front Porches. There is something so dreamy about swinging in the shade, drinking a sweet tea and watching the kids play in the neighborhood. It is definitely what drew me to our neighborhood. A street full of Southern Style Front Porches. I can imagine pumpkins in the fall, topiaries in the winter, fresh flowers in the spring and lemonade in the summertime.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Some inspirations for my upcoming room of dining...
If I can't have the whole house from "Something's Gotta Give" then I at least want the Dining Room!
Isn't it lovely?
Isn't it lovely?
Monday, March 9, 2009
I apologize for the cheese level of this post, but I needed to hear these things today and thought maybe some of you could too...
- Wake up each morning and say out loud, "My purpose today is ______________."
- Before going to bed each night, say out loud, "I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished ___________."
- Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and smile while you are walking.
- Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes every day.
- Life is too short to hate anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don't win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Don't compare your life with others. You don't know their journey.
- You are in charge of your own happiness.