Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Patio Project

Let it be said that I have never planted anything before in my life and I have killed everything I have ever had that was already planted. In spite of my brown thumb, I decided to test my gardening skills this weekend. It all started with Martha Stewart (of course). Last week, she did a segment on planting maiden hair ferns. That's all it took for me to get it in my head that I was going to plant some ferns too. But, I looked all over this weekend and couldn't find them anywhere. We did, however, find a bistro set I loved and decided to buy it. Between the new patio set and the fact that I already had the I-want-to-try-to-plant-something bug, I turned my attentions to planting some things for outside. One trip to Lowe's and I came home with a truck (or small SUV, rather) full of plants and blueish-purple flowers (my fave). I threw all the little plants into a planter I had purchased a few months ago to use for the "babie's room" one day, replanted the hydrangea bush in a larger pot and voila...(or WAUGH-la as I liked to say before I got married) a brand new outdoor space for us to enjoy!



Believe it or not, but there are a total of 13 plants in there!

At Target, I found a cheap glass candle holder, filled it with some rocks so the wind won't blow it away and again, Waugh-lah...a new centerpiece!


2 comments:

Jessa Mullen said...

That looks really good. It makes me want to go out and plant something.. I love the standing planter, that is great !!

{Amanda} said...

"Waugh-lah" hahaha you are crackin' me up! Hey, you wanna come over here and decorate my flower boxes on my deck for me? =)