Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Favorite Things

We had a great time at the beach. Relaxing, eating, sleeping...just what you should do on a vacation! As always, it is good to be back in Sweet Home Alabama.

1. Edy's Fruit Bars in Strawberry, Lime and Wildberry. This is my new late night snack. At only 60 calories per pop I can rest easy after eating them!




2. Guacamole. I am an avid fan of salsa, but guacamole is a nice change of pace every now and then!

3. Walking around the neighborhood after work. With Ben out of school this month, I have solicited his work out motivation skills. As mentioned in my previous blog, I am more out of shape than any 25 year old girl should EVER be. Lucky for me, my husband can be a Work Out Nazi when he needs to be and/or has the time. We are working out every evening after work and part of our routine is to walk around our very hilly neighborhood. It is more of a work out than I expected but I really enjoy our time together. I usually wear myself out talking more than I do anything else. But the time spent outside, with my husband, getting a little physical exercise is so good for me!

4. Downy Simple Pleasures Fabric Softner in Vanilla and Lavender. I have smelled this in the store and didn't like it. But after using it while on vacation I fell in love!




5. Shopping with my mom. Free clothes (...and purses..and shoes...and jewelry...)are the best!

6. Speaking of shopping with my mom - My New Dress. It has pockets and is oh-so-comfortable! Mine is yellow!

7. Okay, so this one might be one of my favorite things of all time...driving down streets with trees that meet over top. There are a lot of streets in Birmingham that do this. It reminds me of Savannah, or better yet - a fairyland. For some reason, it makes me so happy to behold this sight! Nothing is more beautiful than God's creations!8. Chik-fil-A Cookies & Cream milkshakes. These are a major splurge that one should only RARELY indulge in. However, I would have to say that they are worth every calorie.

9. My blankie. Growing up I toted my "puppy dog blankie" with me wherever I went. A few years ago it became apparent that it was time to retire my trusty companion as to preserve the little bit that was left of it. Without trying, I have replaced it with a more adult size version. My "new" blankie is a bedspread my late Grandma Jo made for me when I was in Junior High. It is straight out of the early 90's with black on one side, teal on the other and hot pink trimmings! This was made for my first "big girl" room and I loved it! It fit my twin size, black laquered day bed - very classy. Now it is the perfect size for cuddling on the couch and wraps around me perfectly. I realized how attached I have become to it when I couldn't sleep without it on vacation last week!

10. Pilot Precise v5 Rolling Pens. My favorite pens! Luckily, I am in charge of ordering office supplies at work, so I always have a nice stash of them at my desk.



I only got a few pics at the beach, but I promise to post them soon!

1 comment:

Jessa Mullen said...

Glad to have you back.. That Downy stuff rocks, I buy it by the truck loads..I love shopping with my momma too and trees that meet over the top are awesome...