Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sugar & Spice or Puppy Dog Tails?

Two weeks from tomorrow we will be in ultrasound finding out if we need to start shopping for this little bundle of joy or if we are going to be able to use the TONS of baby stuff we already have from Asher. Sure would be nice to just get all the totes down from the attic and start sorting it all out for "The Sequel" and save some major moolah by doing so. But a chance to buy some frilly little stuff would be fun too! This is a perfect example of a Win-Win situation. Either way, we are super excited!

I have to admit, I get a little defensive when people outside of our family say something like, "Hopefully this time it will be a girl!" I know they just mean that one of each would be fun. And it sure would be. Or they just assume that because I am a girl (and a girly girl at that), that naturally that is what I would like to have.  But as a momma of a boy I happen to LOVE having a son. I would not choose anything else for my first born. I know if I had a girl, I would LOVE having a daughter as well. But the "hopefully" has a certain "Boys aren't good enough" feel to it. When I hear that word and I am standing there with my adorable baby boy on my hip I want to point at him and say, "Why? Who wouldn't want another one of these?". I should probably chalk this up to pregnancy hormones and get over it. And honestly, I'm not upset at anyone that has ever said it. I understand. I know that there is nothing but pure excitement about the upcoming arrival of Baby #2 behind the sentiment. And even I myself, have days where I 100% want it to be a girl and then the next day I will change my mind and hope against hope that it's a boy. I just have to watch myself from defending the joys of having a son at every turn.

Well that was a lot of unnecessary venting. So let's get onto the point of this rant.

Most of the time people don't word it like that. They just make their humble prediction. And that is exactly what I am asking you to do. Make your selection on the survey on the right of this blog. The winner gets...bragging rights! 
I have had some signs that seem to point a certain direction in the gender department. But I won't give them away yet as not to taint the guessing game. Plus I don't want to be wrong and not blogging my own prediction allows me to save face!

15 days and counting...

No comments: