Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Showered with Love

The past 2 weekends have been so wonderful. On August 22, I had my "church shower" at Homewood Church. The church were I have have attended and worked for the past 7 years. Where Ben and I met and married. Where my Birmingham support system is based. It was a very special day for me. It was attended by so many people and we received an ENORMOUS amount of gifts for our first born son. Asher is so blessed to be born into such a loving church family. I can't wait for him to get here and meet these wonderful people!




The weekend of the 28th, I flew to Ohio for a Gift Card Baby Shower. Since I would be flying home, I knew I wouldn't be able to travel with a lot of gifts. So this was the best option. And it was GREAT! We felt like we won the lottery. Everyone was so generous and we ended up with more money and cards than we would have ever imagined.

On top of that, I got to see my friends and family that haven't seen me pregnant yet. I was spoiled all weekend long. My sweet sister wouldn't let me step off the curb without holding my elbow and she even tried to carry my purse for me. She is going to be a wonderful aunt!

I got to spend a lot of time with my family and even had a slumber party with my mom and sister. My aunt joined us for shopping and lunch the next day. It was sooooo much fun. I had a great time seeing everyone and besides missing my husband (it was our first time apart since we got married.) I didn't want to leave!



 

2 comments:

Jessa Mullen said...

I am so glad you had so much fun at both your showers! The letters that you got at your shower in Ohio.. We have a "C" too.. I LOVE those letters!

McKinney Madness said...

I think it's pretty obvious that you are one loved girl, and Asher is one lucky little man to have such amazing family and friends surrounding him (and his Mommy and Daddy)! I can't believe you're due NEXT MONTH!! I mean... as in... NEXT MONTH!! I really can't believe it's getting that close. I can't wait!!