We had a couple of friends over to watch the big game Sunday night. It was so great to catch up with some folks we hadn't seen in way too long. We munched on snacks all night. It was a smorgasbord of some of my favorite appetizers.
Pepperoni Nuggets (I have blogged about these before, but they are worth repeating.)
Frozen Uncooked Dinner Rolls, thawed
Banana Peppers (optional)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Thaw out rolls.
2. Stuff rolls with pepperoni, peppers and cheese (or whatever fillings you like).
3. Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan and Italian Seasoning.
4. Cook according to package directions.
5. Serve with side of pizza sauce for dipping.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1-2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
16 oz cream cheese
1 c Ranch
Hand full of shredded cheddar
3/4 c Frank’s Red Hot
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Melt down cream cheese in saucepan.
3. Add chicken, sauce and ranch. Stir together.
4. Cook until heated through.
5. Bake in prepared dish for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese.
7. Heat for 15 more minutes until cheese is melted.
8. Serve with tortilla chips.
Caramel Apple Dip
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package Heath Brickle chips
Granny Smith Apples, sliced
1. Heat first 5 items until combined, stirring constantly.
2. Serve with apples.
Fruit Salsa (this is another repeat recipe for my blog, but again - deserves repeating)
1 c frozen raspberries
Cinnamon graham crackers
1. Mix half of the fruit together in a food processor until smooth.
2. Finely chop remaining ingredients and add to mixture.
3. Add juice of 1/2 lemon and sugar to taste. (Will become sweeter as it sits).
4. Serve with cinnamon graham crackers.
Marinated Cheese (a HUGE thanks to Laura Davis for sharing the recipe. It may be my all time favorite!)
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c white wine vinegar
2 oz jar pimientos, drained
3 Tb chopped parsley
3 Tb green onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz cheddar, sliced
8 oz cream cheese, Sliced
1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.
2. Cut the block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares. Repeat with cream cheese. Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. Pour the marinade over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
3. To serve, remove slices to a serving platter so they are still arranged in an alternating pattern. Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.
1/2 c Peanut Butter
1/4 c Butter
1 c Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp Vanilla
9 c Rice Chex
1½ c Powdered Sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the cereal in a very large bowl. Pour peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.
Break and Bake Cookies
1. Break and bake.