Thursday, June 9, 2011

Asher - 6 Months

I have a 7 month blog to post and it is almost time for the 8th month blog too. So, even though I still don't have my camera software on my laptop and cannot retrieve the photos that go a long with this post- I am going to post it anyway
  
18 lbs 1 oz (75th percentile)
26 inches long (50th percentile)
17. 5 inches head circumference (75th percentile)

Schedule:
6:30 AM - Wake up and take 6 oz bottle (if he wakes up before this, he will play in his crib until we get him out)
8:00 AM - Drop off at Day School
10:30 AM - 6 oz bottle
10:45-12:30 - Nap
12:30 PM - 1 Veggie or Fruit
2:30 PM - 6 oz bottle
2:45 PM- 3:30 - Nap
3:45 PM - Picked up by Mommy
5:30 PM - 1 Vegetable with 1 Tb oatmeal mixed in, 1 fruit
6:30 PM - 6 oz bottle
7:00 PM - Bath and Storytime
7:30 PM - Bedtime

He JUST started the lunch meal this week.

He caught onto eating right away. As you can see by looking at him, he is a good little eater!

He is wearing 6-9 months clothing in most casual things, 12 month in "church clothes" and size 3 diapers. I started crying right in the middle of Sam's when we bought his size 3 diapers last weekend because they were called "Cruisers". That makes him sound like a big boy and not a baby anymore! Watching him grow up is so bittersweet.

He has learned how to express his opinions. And is starting to show some signs up temper tantrums. Nothing too bad yet, but I can see he might have a little bit of a stubborn streak in him. Between me and his dad it was bound to happen sooner or later.

He is almost sitting up on his own. He manages to stay balanced for a few seconds until either his head starts to weigh him down or he notices his feet. Once he sees his feet he goes in for the kill and is trying to eat his little piggies in no time. He has figured out how to stop himself with his hands. Dr. P said he was doing really well balancing himself.

He is a roller. Now that he knows how to do it, it is near impossible to change his diaper. He doesn't want to lay still! It can get pretty messy if I'm not on my game!

He is just now starting to notice Marley. The other night I was feeding him dinner and Marley got in the window sill and walked over to Asher's eye level. Asher saw him and and laughed. Sometimes when I am holding Asher in my lap Marley will stand on his back legs and sniff Asher's feet and Asher thinks that is funny too. Marley seems to worry if Asher cries loudly for a while. This doesn't happen often but his ear ache was really bothering him the other night. I was walking around with Asher trying to soothe him and Marley was right on my heels. When I finally sat down with him Marley wanted a good look at the baby boy to make sure he was okay.

He is definitely teething. We don't have any teeth to show for it yet but we sure do have a lot of drool. I hate to do it, but most of the time his cute little church outfits get covered up with a bib to keep them from getting soaked. I am glad we have some "cute" bibs to make it a little more bearable - Thanks, Wendy!

He is the most content baby. Even though he is teething and currently has another ear infection my little guy will still smile for anyone and everyone he sees. We get comments ALL the time on what a happy baby he is. He really is! His teachers brag on him every day. One of his sweet teachers, Miss Debra, is expecting her first grandson in a couple of months. She told me she is going to be so disappointed if he isn't just like Asher. She said, "I want him to look like him, act like him, dress like him and have his personality!" Can we say teacher's pet??? I can't say I blame her. He is one special little guy!

FYI: Some upcoming posts to look forward to...
Easter
Oma & Poppa and Aunt Sister Come for a Visit

Mother's Day
Sawyer's Birthday Party
Last Day of School 
House Projects
7 Months
8 Months

No comments: