Friday, March 11, 2011

Recipe Review

I had a few people ask for recipes from this week's menu. Here are my recipes, tips and reviews.
  • Chicken Parmesan Penne, Salad and Garlic Bread - This is a skillet meal that we bought at Sam's this weekend. It was one of their free samples and was pretty good. We picked up a bag because this is something Ben can cook one night when I'm not in the mood. Review: Tasty!

  • Chicken Stir Fry & Steamed Broccoli  - This is a Kraft Foods recipe and is SUPER easy. We eat it A LOT. I have posted it before {HERE}.
  • Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Corn & Bacon Biscuits - I just put 2 pork tenderloins in the crock pot on low with some BBQ Sauce. I made my own BBQ sauce for this one. I am still perfecting my recipe, so for now I would just suggest doing your fave sauce. Mine was just Okay. Bacon Biscuits were a recipe that was in the March issue of Southern Living. I wasn't crazy about them, but I think I might change a few things up and try them again. I'll get back to you if I discover something worth sharing.

  • BLT Benedict with Avacado & Tomato Relish - from the March Issue of Southern Living. Haven't made this one yet.

  • BBQ Pork Quesadillas (made from leftover BBQ) & Mexicorn Casserole - Quesadillas are a no brainer. The Mexicorn Casserole is a recipe that I got from my good friend, Martina. It is one of my most favorite! Here it is:



No comments: