Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oma & Poppa Come for a Visit

We were blessed to have my parents with us last week. Poor Asher ended up having double ear infections the whole time they were. It turned out well though, because 1) Asher was still in a great mood, as always and 2)I was glad to have them here to take care of my sweet baby.

He might have gotten a little spoiled. They brought Asher the cutest Easter basket full of great stuff! It was all wrapped up so cute and I forgot to take a photo of it. (Kicking myself now).

We had a great time with them. Even though we weren't able to get out and do as much as we  normally would if Asher had been feeling well. Friday night Ben and I got to have a bonafide date night. It was WONDERFUL! We ate dinner at Dyron's Low Country (a delicious place to get Shrimp & Grits in Mt. Brook). We filled ourselves to the gills on the super yummy food and TWO desserts before heading to a movie. It was so nice! Although, I think Oma, Poppa & Asher had just as much fun as we did. Asher got to do a little shopping. Since he grew out of most of his pajamas almost literally overnight, Oma and Poppa took him out and restocked his PJ drawer.

Saturday we spent some time driving around town and showing my parents some great places to live! Maybe, just maybe...

With things being so low key, I kept forgetting to take pictures. But we got a few the morning my parents were leaving. It was bittersweet. Seeing them leave is always so hard. But we look forward to seeing them again in June for a trip to the beach and maybe even again before then!

We love you, Oma & Poppa!


No comments: