Friday, April 2, 2010

Telling Oma & Opa

My parents came to visit us March 11. I was so excited to get to tell them about their first grandchild in person. I framed a poem and a picture of the ultrasound and gave it to them over dinner their first night.


The poem reads:
Dear Oma & Opa,

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

You cannot hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But that will change this October;
When they say that I am due.
I am your first grandchild;
And I cannot wait to meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

The caption under the ultrasound photo reads:
“For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.”
-Psalm 139:13

My parents were both very emotional with the news. Although, they were expecting and hoping to for this announcement and had even bought the baby it's first blanket before they got here, I will never forget the look on their faces when they found out it was really true!



2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Those pictures are so sweet...

Cortney said...

You always come up with the best ideas!! Kudos on the frame and poem!!