Monday, July 18, 2011

My Favorite Pasta

When Ben is in class and I need a quick, easy and delicious meal for one - This is my go to dinner.

Combine any kind of pasta (I prefer bowties, or a short cut pasta because they seem to combine well the with sauce and catch all the goodies easier) with any of the following ingredients:

Parmesan Cheese
EVOO
Capers
Red Pepper Flakes
Basil
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (Or even raw is great too)
Garlic
White Wine
Lemon zest and juice
Roasted Asparagus Tips
Salt & Pepper
Shrimp (if you wanna have some protein in there)

My all time favorite version goes like this:
  1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. (I like Wacky Mac Veggie Pasta)
  2. Heat a good bit of oil (I'd say about a third of a cup) in a small sauce pan until good and hot.
  3. Add whole grape tomatoes to oil and cover.
  4. Let them cook just a few minutes until they burst then reduce heat.
  5. Add lots of grated garlic, about a 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and capers.
  6. When pasta is done, drain and add the whole pan of oil and ingredients to the pasta and mix.
  7. Add chopped fresh basil, the zest and juice of one lemon and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to the pasta. Mix.
  8. EAT!

No comments: