Combine any kind of pasta (I prefer bowties, or a short cut pasta because they seem to combine well the with sauce and catch all the goodies easier) with any of the following ingredients:
Red Pepper Flakes
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (Or even raw is great too)
Lemon zest and juice
Roasted Asparagus Tips
Salt & Pepper
Shrimp (if you wanna have some protein in there)
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. (I like Wacky Mac Veggie Pasta)
- Heat a good bit of oil (I'd say about a third of a cup) in a small sauce pan until good and hot.
- Add whole grape tomatoes to oil and cover.
- Let them cook just a few minutes until they burst then reduce heat.
- Add lots of grated garlic, about a 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and capers.
- When pasta is done, drain and add the whole pan of oil and ingredients to the pasta and mix.
- Add chopped fresh basil, the zest and juice of one lemon and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to the pasta. Mix.