Monday, August 13, 2012

Babies Keep Me Busy

Yep. It's been a loooooong time. And I honestly was at the point where I thought I would never put an entry on here again. I mean, come on, the last time I blogged I hadn't even announced that we were having a baby girl. And she is nearly 7 weeks old today.

I have missed writing about so much. These babies keep me busy. A good kind of busy. The kind of busy that is full of precious memories and moments filled with joy. There are some moments of real stress and feeling completely overwhelmed mixed in there as well. But all of that is my life right now. And I love this life. Even now, as I am writing this, Audrey is crying in my lap and Asher just knocked my glass of coke over onto our new end table. It's always something. But, I realized last night as I watched Asher playing with his toys that he has learned so much in the last couple of months. Heck, in the last couple of days. It is amazing to watch him discover new things, say new words and become more independent. To see him pick up a toy he used to need my help to play with and now he doesn't need me at all. In fact, the other day, I offered him my help and he said, "I dot (got) it." Really? He's got this? And you know what? He sure did. He did it all on his own and was so proud of himself when it was over. It's a bittersweet moment to have your son start to outgrow you at the tender age of 21 months. Alright, I'll be honest - it's a lot more bitter than sweet. But I guess that is what parenting is all about.

But I digress, as I watched him, I panicked and realized that these sweet moments aren't all going to stick in my tiny brain. I am going to forget them if I don't write them down somewhere. And that is exactly what this blog is for - So it may just have to be random and the posts may be brief from now on. But I am going to try harder to jot down the simple details of our life. Instead of waiting until I have blogged about the big moments (i.e. Sweet Audrey's birth - which WILL be blogged about soon, hopefully) and falling behind because I am totally overwhelmed with what I have missed. I will catch up on the "big" events as I have time. Otherwise, all these little snapshots of our Happy Life are going to go untaken and eventually forgotten.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments: