Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pre-Baby Birthday

My 28th (gasp!) birthday was Sunday. It was pretty low key, as birthdays go...but was exactly what I needed.

Friday morning Betty had breakfast waiting on my desk when I got to work - a chicken biscuit, hashbrown and a coke. The perfect birthday breakfast!

Friday night we followed tradition and celebrated with my Supper Club gals and their men and babies. We had a fabulous dinner at Brio and met Amanda's fiance! I got some adorable goodies from Amanda & Mason and a gift card from Betty. PERFECT! Thanks, gals!

P.S. Amanda, we are so happy for you and Scott and pray that God continues to bless you both as you prepare for a lifetime of happiness together!

Saturday Ben finished painting the nursery. It looks sooooo good! I was so smart to marry someone even more OCD than me. I was able to hand over the reigns paintbrush to Ben knowing that he would be even more picky than I on the details. The color is exactly what I wanted and looks so pretty! While the paint dried, we went to Habaneros for dinner and came home to watch a movie. (Mexican and a movie at the house is pretty much a perfect night for me.) Because I am the most awesome wife ever, I chose to watch Ben's all time favorite movie with him - A Few Good Men. I had never seen it and actually liked it a lot!

Sunday I headed up a Surprise 20th anniversary party for my boss, Rick. I had spent the past few weeks stressing, worrying and praying that everything would go as planned. Why I doubted that God would handle this is beyond me. It could not have gone any better. We surprised Rick and his wife, Lisa, by calling them on stage and congratulating them on 20 years of loving service. They were shocked that we were even honoring them and then - SURPRISE again - their kids came in town to be with them on this special day. The best part of my day was seeing the look on Rick and Lisa's faces when they realized 2 of their 4 kids and their families were walking down the aisle toward them and one of their granddaughters was running to meet them on stage. We then presented them with a scrapbook of letters from the congregation, roses, an engraved clock and an all expense paid weekend at a B&B. After church, we had a "family meal" with our entire church. Hundreds of people stayed to eat lunch, watch a slideshow of photos of the honorees and fellowship with each other. It was a great day!

That night Ben said we could do anything I wanted. I chose to go to dinner, Target and see a movie. We saw Dinner for Schmucks. It had some really funny parts, but it had some super awkward parts too. I am still trying to decide if the funny parts outweighed the uncomfortable ones. But I had a lovely evening with my husband nonetheless.

When I got to work on Monday Misty had 4 cupcakes from Edgar's Bakery waiting on my desk and Shannon had left a case of coke tied up with a ribbon. I am such a bad pregnant girl for eating like this and drinking cokes - but my doctor says I am allowed 2 a day and there is rarely a day that I don't meet my daily "requirement".


I literally received well over a hundred texts, phone calls, emails, facebook messages and birthday cards. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. THANK YOU, GOD for all my my blessings!

3 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Sounds like a good birthday weekend to me. Glad to hear you can have two "requirements" a day when pregnant because my two Diet Mt.Dews a day right now are priceless. Those would be hard to give up. Happy Birthday again!

Rachel said...

Awwww....I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Happy birthday! :o)

McKinney Madness said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday weekend! You definitely deserved it. (And I'm really glad Rick's surprise went well... you worked so hard on that and I know they were so humbled by everyone's love and support.)