Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Favorite Things

1. New Shoes. Bought these on sale at Anthropologie the other day (the only way I ever buy anything there). Love them! Mine are Navy blue with brown piping and are not peep toe - more ballet slipper. I couldn't find an exact picture online and didn't want to wait to get home to take a real photo so I could post this blog. Oh well, there shoes - you get the idea.

2. Mary Higgins Clark. I have been reading MHC since I was in Junior High School. Every year around this time I get in the mood to read mysteries and there are non better than hers!

3. New Jeans. After weeks of my husband begging me to buy some jeans that didn't have the back hem ripped off from walking on them, I found a pair I liked on sale at J.Crew. Although they are categorized as "short" and I still have to wear hills with them, I really like the fit. I will definitely buy some more when I get to a smaller size.

4. Martha Stewart House Keeping Book. I had MLK day off work and decided to take advantage of the free day and clean out my closets, drawers, cupboards, file cabinets, etc. Martha had a whole list of things I should do every 6 months. I have to admit that I already had a spread sheet of seasonal cleaning chores that pretty much matched hers perfectly. But this book is worth it's weight and gold. And trust me, it weighs a ton!5. Sweet Life Cakes. Check out their website for the cutest and literally the tastiest cakes I have ever had!!! They do great work at very reasonable prices. I have hosted 2 showers where we used their cakes and cannot tell you what a hit they were. I highly recommend using Laura & Mallory for all of you celebratory confections!


6. Cardigan Sweaters. I wish I had one in every color. I am really enjoying the boyfriend cardigans that are out right now too.


7. Label Maker. A Christmas gift from my husband. It proved to be very useful on my Cleaning/Organization Day last week.
8. Loreal Double Extend Mascara. I feel like I am wearing false eyelashes!9. Bridgewater Sofa's and Chairs. I can't wait to get a new living room suit in this style.

10. Rate My Space. I like the show okay, but am in love with the site!

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

i LOVE sweet life cakes! i would live off of them if i could!

McKinney Madness said...

I am ALWAYS looking for new mascara. I'll definitely be trying that one soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

-- Laura -- said...

thanks for the plug, jamie!!!