Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Favorite Things

  1. Planet Earth Series. At one point I was considering putting this on my Christmas List. But it was $60 on amazon.com and I just couldn't convince myself that it was worth that much money. I am glad I didn't get it because it is now The Discovery Channel and I have DVR'd it for FREE. But after watching it I have to say it would have been worth the $60. The tag line says to fall in love with your planet all over again. Our Father's creation really is the most amazing thing you will ever see.

  2. Chocolate Pudding with Bananas. My new favorite low-fat snack. Just chop up a banana and top with Fat Free Chocolate pudding. It is very yummy and filling.

  3. Skiing. Even though my poor husband endured a knee injury, we still had a great time skiing over Christmas. I can't wait to go back! For someone who isn't very active, I could ski all the time.

  4. Spring colors. I am so excited about the bright clothes coming out for Spring. For a moment I forget it is 30 degrees outside and my mind wanders the the freshness of spring.


  5. Salmon. Another low fat and healthy menu item. There are a million different ways to prepare it and they are all delectable!

  6. iPods. Okay, so I am a little behind the times on this one. I have never wanted an iPod. Never saw a reason to have one. Actually, my phone used to be one and I NEVER used it. Until I started using the elliptical. Now I cannot live without it. The time goes by much faster and the music helps me keep pace. I am going to have to get one of my own instead of always relying on my husband to share his.
  7. Harmony Landing. A cute little home boutique in Homewood. It is next door to at Home, another favorite merchant on mine.

  8. Forsale-byowner.com. I am addicted to checking this website. I check it daily.

  9. My Cat Nurse. Ben was out of town over the weekend (it was our first time apart since we got married). I got some Thai take out for dinner that didn't agree with me and ended up losing my dinner in the middle of the night. I'm not used to Ben not being there to take care of me when I am sick but Marley stepped right in to take his place. The sweet little guy wouldn't leave my side. He was such a good nurse. I could tell he was really worried about me! I guess he was paying me back for all the times I have taken care of him when he coughed up a big nasty hairball.

  10. Cuisinart Food Processor. I already blogged about getting this as one of my Christmas presents from Ben, but y'all...Seriously. Amazing.

4 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Are you sure it was the food and not the terrible virus that seems to still be going around? I love forsale-byowner. I used to check it daily too but have gotten lax lately. We bought our Helena house from that site.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I am with you onthe planet earth and spring colors!!!

Jessa Mullen said...

I will always love spring colors.. Once it gets around the end of Feb I am ready to for it to be warm so I can wear bright colors..

McKinney Madness said...

Chocolate pudding with bananas... my mouth is watering! I'll definitely be trying that soon! Oh, and I'm with you on Springtime colors!