- Bottega's Cafe. Pretty much any Frank Stitt eatery will do the trick for me, but this one is extra special to me as it is the Official Restaurant of Supper Club. Must try: Chicken Scallopine.
- Leonardo's. I am generally not a fan of Italian fare, but this place is superb. Good food and a piano bar! Must try: Lobster Ravioli
- Surin. Any of their locations will do. Best sushi in town. Pretty good martinis too! Must try: Spicy Coconut Soup & Super Crunch.
- Iguanas. Anyone who knows me at all knows that Mexican food is my all time favorite comfort food. It is not hard to please me when it comes to this type of cuisine. But the atmosphere at this place is incredible and the prices are great. Must try: Burrito al carbon.
- Chez Fonfon. Another Frank Stitt restaurant. This is where Ben and I had our first date and where he took me the night he proposed a mere 9 months later. Must try: Croque Monsieur & Coconut cake.
- O' Carr's. Fantastic little place with a real cafe feel. Best chicken salad in town. Must try: the chicken salad, obviously!
- Davenport's. A Birmingham landmark. No better pizza can be found and their salad is just as good. Must try: Pizza and their homemade Italian dressing.
- Rojo. A funky little joint on the Southside. Must try: Quesadillas and guacamole.
- Taco Casa. If I am honestly trying to represent all sorts of fares and atmospheres fast food must be included. Actually, even if I didn't include fast food I couldn't make a favorite restaurant list with out listing the Casa. Must try: Combination burrito (mild) add jalapenos and sour cream. Also, best ice in town.
- Momma Goldberg's. Our friends Maghan & Hal Craig are actually part owner of this place. A great place to go for lunch! Must try: Nachos.
Jim 'N Nick's. Not a fan of chains, but this one is local so I don't think that counts. Must try: Pimiento Cheese Sandwich.
Jackson's. In Soho. I don't think there is a bad choice on the menu. Must try: Pasta Alredeaux