She turned 3 months old last week. She is smiling and cooing non-stop and loves her brother. She laughed out loud at him and likes to watch him play. He loves her too and is so sweet with her. He can say Baby Audrey perfectly. Although I was kinda sad when he mastered it and quit calling her Baby Augie. She is drinking 5 ounces at a time and eats every 3 hours. She sleeps about 9-10 hours at night but has made it as far as 12 hours before I finally woke her up myself. Generally she goes down on her own at 9:30 and wakes up around 6:30. She had her first fever/cold this past weekend and took it like a champ. Only fussing a little and kicking the bug in record time. She is a great car baby. She loves her bath and the baby in the mirror. She loves her swing and her mobile at school. She is wearing 0-3 month clothes.
Asher is keeping us on our toes. He is a couple weeks shy of his 2nd birthday but decided to go ahead and get an early start on the "Terrible Twos". Temper tantrums are in full effect and obeying is not quite his strong suit. He is a fun, lovable kid when he wants to be. Which thankfully is a lot of the time. But when he wants to turn off the charm, he just goes right ahead and does it. I can't complain too much. I expected much worse when the new baby arrived.
He has started calling me Momma again after a year of referring to me as Mommy. I have noticed he particurlarly likes to call me Momma when he wants something. I think he knows I prefer that title. He has started acting like a baby from time to time. His impersonation of a baby is quite ammusing - lots of silly sounds and holding his hands up like a bunny rabbit. He loves for me to cradle him in my arms and say, "Ohhhh, my sweet Baby Ashie!"
Some other things he is doing right now:
- nodding his head to music (sounds normal but is actually quite hilarious)
- says "All better!" when something gets fixed or I kiss his boo boos.
- wants me to kiss his boo boos
- pretty much wants his Momma all the time
- loves to color
- loves Little Einsteins & Curious George and pretty much anything on Disney Junior
- still loves "Hat Hat" and Toy Story
- has perfected important phrases like "Roll Tide!", "Touchdown!" and "Alabama!"
- is great at telling us what he wants and communicates really well.
- Gives orders like, "Dit Up!" (get up)
- When he wants something he yells it. For example, if he wanted water he would yell "Water!" until we respond. When we do - we ask him if he wants water and he smiles and says "Oh-tay!" like it is a brand new idea and he thinks it is brilliant!
- loves school and talks a lot about his friends. Especially Will & Pappas (Pappas is his friend Harrison whom he calls by his last name)
- Has a super cute, Southern accent. Everything has an extra syllable i.e. Wee-uhl (Will) It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
- His teachers tell me all the time that he is the most mature child in their class and talk about how smart he is and how well he communicates. They also claim he is one of the most well-behaved kids in the class to which I think either 1) They are just being nice or 2) He is saving up all his orneryness for when he gets home.
- Gets frustrated when he can't do something.
- Has started whining. (soooo not fun for me and his dad)
- Loves to take a walk around the block with me at night to see the stars and the moon. He tries to reach for the moon and laughs.
- Recognizes places like our church or our street when we are driving.
- Calls our house "Mommy's house"
- Keeps us laughing and makes it to hard to stay frustrated with him for long.
- Comes crying to me when he gets in trouble by his Dada.
- Says Hi and Bye to everything. And I mean everything. Hi candle! Hi table! Bye door! Bye house!
- Is something else, I tell ya,