Friday, September 30, 2011

Autumn Chopped Salad

Do yourself a favor and make this salad. Even my I-only-meat-husband liked it. Of course I found it on Pinterest. That's where I find everything these days. Mainly because I keep my head buried in it 99% of my waking hours.

It's basically just lettuce, pears, dried cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Topped with a mixture of poppy seed dressing and balsamic vinaigrette.  So so yummy. And really it is a meal all on it's own.

Click on picture below for the whole recipe.


Also, if you are like us and are trying to go organic (trying being the operative word) I made this little sheet to keep in my purse when I am shopping to help me remember what I can skimp on and what I need to be more careful purchasing. These are the Dirty Dozen (i.e. always buy organic) and  The Clean Fifteen (i.e. go ahead and buy it in the cheap produce section).

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yumm...that salad looks great!

The Penter Family said...

I have the dirty dozen and clean fifteen posted inside of our pantry. i think i pretty much have it memorized now. but i really like your CUTE version better than my stupid ugly black and white version. will you e-mail me a copy of that so I can print it out and throw mine away?