Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Scent of Rain & Lightning

by Nancy Pickard



Just read this book in 4 days. After reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and then listening to "The Help" on CD I was skeptical about reading another book. I have never had this happen to me before. I just loved that book so much that I didn't want it to end. And when it did I didn't want to read anything else. I think part of it had to do with being so sick my first trimester and just not wanting to read. But I finally talked myself into reading something new. With the gift card my sister gave me for Christmas, I went to Barnes & Noble and picked up "The Scent of Rain and Lightning" and "The Long Song". I really wanted the latter, but the first book was on sale and was on B&N's Book of the Month. So I made a gamble. It was really good and I recommend it to anyone looking for an interesting murder mystery.

Next I plan to go back and get "The Long Song" by Andrea Levy. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

I'm adding this one to my list... You always make pretty good recomendations...