Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Scent of Rain & Lightning

by Nancy Pickard



Just read this book in 4 days. After reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and then listening to "The Help" on CD I was skeptical about reading another book. I have never had this happen to me before. I just loved that book so much that I didn't want it to end. And when it did I didn't want to read anything else. I think part of it had to do with being so sick my first trimester and just not wanting to read. But I finally talked myself into reading something new. With the gift card my sister gave me for Christmas, I went to Barnes & Noble and picked up "The Scent of Rain and Lightning" and "The Long Song". I really wanted the latter, but the first book was on sale and was on B&N's Book of the Month. So I made a gamble. It was really good and I recommend it to anyone looking for an interesting murder mystery.

Next I plan to go back and get "The Long Song" by Andrea Levy. I will let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I'm adding this one to my list... You always make pretty good recomendations...

Jesica david said...

Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.
send flowers germany
Valentines Day Flowers Germany