Monday, April 7, 2008

My Favorite Things

I have decided to start doing a weekly "Favorite Things" post. This will be a place to list things I love, appreciate and enjoy. It will also help me to focus on all of the positive things in my life, kind of a counting of my blessings and what not. Here goes a stab at my first list of Favorite Things!

Obviously, God, my husband, my family and friends, and my cat are ALWAYS on my list. But I am also thankful for...

1. Blogs, of course! I am really enjoying the inspiration I get out reading other peoples thoughts and ideas. This is a great outlet for spiritual matters, crafting, cooking, daily events, etc. Can't get enough!

2. Mommas-to-Be. With babies popping up everywhere around me lately I am more and more amazed at the wonder of pregnancy. It is amazing what all happens when that bun is in the oven. Definitely makes me look forward to going through that process one day in the not so near future.

3. Martha Stewart. She is quirky, yes. But she shares her ideas with the mass public and has brought crafting, cooking, and homemaking back into style and for that I love her.

4. Country Time Lemonade. So cheap, so easy and oh so refreshing.

5. Cupcakes. New obsession. See previous blog.

6. Scherenschnitte. For those of you who do not know what this is, check out Cindy's blog. I haven't tried it yet, but I would love to have a party where we try our hands at it. Let me know if you are interested.


7. Supper Club. See upcoming blog for more information on this topic.

8. Birds chirping. There is something about that sound in the morning that makes me want to get out of bed and skip through a meadow somewhere.

9. The color yellow. There was a day when I was afraid to wear this color because of my blond hair. Not the case anymore! In fact, every time I bring home a new top Ben says, "Don't you already have 17 other tops that exact same color?"

10. Big gold earrings. Especially in a tear drop shape. Fun and flattering and they go great with all my yellow tops.

No comments: